We are looking to expand the Hazelight team with a full time Animator.
Hazelight is an independently owned game development studio and we just released our first title A Way Out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. We are now embarking on our next creative adventure. Hazelight is led by Josef Fares, writer and director of A Way Out and Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons.
At Hazelight we have a company culture of direct constructive feedback, always based on what would be best for our game.
You must be ready to take responsibility and work efficiently and independently on assigned tasks within set deadlines. It is important that you thrive in a team setting since we are working in an open office environment.
As our new Animator you will work on-site with Hazelight’s great development team in our offices in Stockholm, Sweden. We have just moved into our own corner of the magnificent Münchenbryggeriet by the waterfront in Södermalm, Stockholm.
As an Animator you will be working with both motion capture and key-framing techniques. You must be ready to take responsibility for creating solid animations for everything from gameplay to cutscenes and character movement.
We see that you meet the following qualifications:
– At least 3 years of professional experience working with animation, preferably for games.
– Documented experience working with motion capture data.
– Excellent knowledge of Motionbuilder and Maya.
– Great attention to animation details and understanding of animation principles.
– Good communication skills and experience working in a team environment.
– Able to animate natural and expressive motion to create fluid character animations.
– Knowledge of Unreal engine is a plus but not mandatory.
In order to apply for this position please send an Introduction letter in English and submit a portfolio demonstrating your character animations, both key-framed and with the use of motion capture data to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not have any open positions at the moment, but we are always interested when talented people want to be a part of our team. Feel free to send in your resumé to email@example.com and perhaps you too can be a part of Hazelight if a position opens up in your field!